Sunday, January 12, 2020

Trapped in the Known

We repeat the same mistakes again and again as we constantly respond to the same triggers as we react out of the habit of what’s known; this is done without even realizing it…

Why is it so difficult to awaken? There are many reason for this, the one that sticks out the most is how the Conditioned Mind holds onto what’s known even if it causes extreme suffering. When I was twenty five my oldest brother passed away from an addiction related incident, this forced my parents to make me look at my alcohol and drug use. His death opened my eyes somewhat, but even though my life was a mess it didn’t mean I was willing to go into unknown territory without my pacifiers to cope with life, and this was with full knowledge that alcohol and drugs were the cause of all my problems. It took another two years before a decision was made that I had enough, but even though I was going into unknown territory I figured it had to be better than the way I was living.

The reason it took two years was because although I was in suffering, my conditioning led me to believe facing the unknown was to scary and the known was the way to go; the lies of the Conditioned Mind run deep. This is why we repeat the same mistakes and it’s also why we constantly react to the same triggers; we react out of habit without even realizing it. The conditioning in place dictates what is done and it’s obeyed without question, and here’s the real irony in all of this, people actually believe they have free will and have a choice. The only thing one can do is submit to what’s known because that’s what’s in place. Once there’s awareness of this, succumbing to the known can be stopped and the choice to live life freely becomes a possibility along with the free will to not give in to the Conditioned Mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment