Monday, January 27, 2020

Learned Disturbances

Although it seems what someone says or what happens in life is the cause of your arising disturbances, this is not the case. The disturbance that arises is already in place, if it wasn’t nothing would arise…


You can only react to life with what you have in place. Something like anger arises because it has been learned, this also goes for fear, greed, hate, and so on. I constantly reacted for many many years without any understanding whatsoever why and it kept me locked in my disturbances without an inkling that the only reason it was occurring was because it was what I learned. Simply put, when something occurred that I didn’t like, whether it was what someone said or did, or something that happened, my disturbance arose without my permission or knowledge as to why I reacted in the way that I did. What arose was whatever my conditioning thought was appropriate. The only reason this happened is because it was learned.


Understanding this is where knowledge and spirituality meet. If why your disturbances arise isn’t understood, there will be very little true periods where the disturbances aren’t in control. Through awareness of what’s arising, one has something tangible to use against the disturbances. Why most people remain as they are and repeat the same reactions over and over is because of the lack of awareness the disturbances are even there. To me this awareness has immense value because when it’s seen you can truly decipher whether what’s in place is beneficial or not. At that time a course of action can be developed to change whatever disturbance is in place that’s causing the non beneficial reaction to control you…


No comments:

Post a Comment