Monday, April 8, 2024

Chapters of Life

The difference between learning from each chapter of life or being stuck where life is the same old same old is breaking free from the lie of “I” and not remaining its prisoner…

It seems as though life happens in chapters, at least this has been my experience. One will have to go through these different chapters if you’re not to get stuck in a particular one. Not everyone goes beyond the chapter that’s in place, some remain stuck for years, even a lifetime. Although the chapters themselves happen naturally, learning and going to the next chapter does not; the quality of life will be determined by what is learned in a previous and current chapter. Life is something that happens on its own, but there‘s a certain responsibility one has in making it of the highest quality. A simple example of this would be when you were at the chapter of your life when it was time to read. If you didn’t take responsibility to learn this, to say that life would be difficult today would be an understatement. So at this chapter of your life you did what was necessary to make it a higher quality.

As I’ve aged over the years I’ve reflected on how there were many chapters in my life. Not all provided the highest quality of living because of the things I did which didn’t allow it. The chapters of life will come, but what’s being learned is where maturity comes from. To me the most important lesson was learning to recognize the lie of “I” because that’s what I found was the biggest hurdle to living the highest quality of life possible. It’s not that I’m now all about helping others, but what I learned was life isn’t all about me and what I think. Therein lies the difference between learning from each chapter, and being able to live life to its highest quality or being stuck in a chapter where life is the same old same old…

No comments:

Post a Comment