Thursday, December 8, 2022

Exist to Love

Love emanates as behavior and can be measured by the way people treat one another. It’s difficult, maybe even impossible to act selfishly or self serving when your existence is based in love…

Growing up, although there was love all around me I never understood it. I didn’t know how to love myself or others. I would always behave in ways that was destructive to my own well being. Some of this was learned and some of it just seemed like it was from within myself. The problem with this is if I didn’t act it ways that showed love to myself how in the world was I going to show love to others. And without love as the base of any life it makes it very difficult to live life to the fullest.

It’s often said that love is the true nature of life, but that doesn’t mean it will be the base of every life. Look at what some people are doing today. Ask their victims family if love is their true nature. Most people have some degree of selfishness, but not to the degree of evil. I was very selfish, and most of my decisions made were to satisfy myself, but it’s not this way today because I learned the valuable lesson of what it means to love thy neighbor as thy self; I truly don’t want to hurt anyone today. Love emanates as behavior and it can be measured by the way people treat each other. It’s hard to act selfishly or self serving if the base of one’s life is to love…

No comments:

Post a Comment