Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Appropriate Tools

Are the tools you have in place truly appropriate to allow you to love yourself unconditionally and thus love all beings? The key word here is all, not just the ones you deem appropriate…

For many years I did things that I considered appropriate, but after forty nine years of doing this I found myself at such a low point that wasn’t sure if I was able to rise up. There was no I think I can chants, no positive thinking, no meditation, no loving myself. There was much confusion and despair, and the insanity of this is my own mind that developed these tools and deemed them appropriate. Now I know not many get to this place of total despair so it’s difficult to understood how low I was, but I will say this, I’m fortunate beyond words and I will tell you why. When I was twenty eight years old there were ten of us still hanging in a bar in Newark, all of us using alcohol and drugs as suitable tools. Out of those ten individuals eight of them are dead. What’s tragic about this is the tools that each of them accepted as appropriate to live life were the cause of their deaths. Think about how insane this is and how often this is repeated today; insanity to say the least.

When I look back at what I thought were appropriate tools to live by, I see nothing but this insanity. I alone although not intentional caused all my own suffering. Now you may not think this applies to you, but every negative thought one ever has comes from within yourself. It may have been put there by some outer influence, but it was attached to by you and you saw it as appropriate to give it the energy to manifest. I’m not a big negative/positive person, my experience has been more in line with quietness as the most appropriate tool to live by, but it wasn’t always this way. To me the question to ask yourself if you can muster the courage to do so is, are you willing to truly face yourself to see if the tools you have in place are truly appropriate to allow you to love yourself unconditionally and thus appropriately love all beings…

No comments:

Post a Comment