Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Your Life is Yours

Your life is yours and as easy as it may be to follow someone else’s path, if they didn’t live the life that you’re leading, their tools just may not be the most beneficial for the way your life is.

There are many people that came before us who left directions to follow a path that they used to show how to bring peace into your life. An example can be when one is in the forest, it’s very easy to follow a path that’s been laid out before you, but to me there’s much more that can be learned by looking at things through your eyes and carving a path which is more beneficial for your life. Follow Jesus, Buddha, or some others, but the thing to ask yourself is did they live the kind of life that you live, if not although their teachings may have immense value, unless they can be applied to the life you live, their significance may not apply. This isn’t to down play anyone’s path, but I’m a parent, a husband, I have a career and haven’t been out sick for nine years. I also own a home which requires constant maintenance amongst all the other responsibilities that come along with this kind of life. I don’t know of many that came before me that led this kind of life, so although I studied many spiritual teachers (not followed), I’m carving my life with tools that apply to what’s being revealed to me, leaking roofs and all.

What happens when a person blindly follows someone is they remain blind to the experiences in their own life that truly allows one to learn and grow. It’s very nice to say I’ll just let it go, but unless this is truly understood, when the boiler stops working in the middle of the winter or the AC is blowing hot air when it’s 95 degrees outside, let’s see if who you are following went through that and how easy it is to let go, especially when your family is involved. Like I said this isn’t to down play anyone’s path or not to utilize the tools that others left behind, but carve a path that’s practical to YOUR life and since everyone’s life is different and a person can only share their tools as they apply to their life, stop following anyone and start using the tools that are practical and beneficial to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment