Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Quest to Become

So much of life is unconsciously spent trying to become something that we already are, but this isn’t seen because the need to become something is so strong that it blocks one from seeing I Am.

It’s funny because people think I have answers, I really don’t have answers, mine or anyone else’s, but I do know how to write an article that poses questions so one can find their own answers. That’s all one can do is point others to look within. My entire life was spent trying to become something, I’m not really sure what that was, but I spent an awful lot of time doing it. I was always on the go becoming, doing things along the way that solidified this becoming, but as I stated I don’t really know what that was. It took me fifty years to find out I Am already what I wanted to become. It was a shift that allowed me to stop trying to become something and just be. No more chasing or searching and all because I Am was realized; this is the place of true freedom, at least for me. So much time was unconsciously spent becoming what I already am, but it wasn’t seen because the need to become something was blocking it from being seen.

The perfect example of this is a dog chasing its tail. The dog chasing its tail doesn’t realize it’s his own tail that he’s chasing. I wonder what would happen if he caught it, lol. I’m sure it would hurt, but would it hurt as much as constantly chasing something you are never going to catch? Going round and round, but not really getting anywhere. If the dog did catch it’s own tail, it would probably hurt, but at least it would realize what it was doing and it would probably stop doing it. In a way this is what happens when one awakens, they stop trying to become so they stop chasing their own tail. With most people there’s some pain associated with this stopping, as it is with the dog catching it’s own tail, but this is what makes one realize it’s their own tail that’s being chased. When this realization occurs the becoming stops, what then arises is one’s I Am and it’s in the I Am that one realizes they are already all that they can and will ever become.

No comments:

Post a Comment