Friday, August 12, 2016

You Don't Get Me High Anymore

When the mind settles it can be said to desire “You don’t get me high anymore” and that’s because the only reason something is reached for is to alter one’s mind state by getting high.

For most of my life I reached out for things because whatever I was reaching for, it was thought to be needed to get me high, and by high I mean it took me out of the present moment monotony that my mind was creating. This altered state was constantly chased after and an array of things were used to achieve it, from drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, food, TV, power, and whatnot, feel free to add your own. There was the constant mind agitation to get high on something because I didn’t have the ability to be with myself without altering my mind state. This is the root as to why anyone reaches for anything and without this need to alter one’s mind state, there would not be a need to get high and reach out for anything.

The present moment monotony that’s created is there because it’s not known how to just be and not need the present moment different. There are so many things used to get high that go beyond some of the conventional things like drugs, alcohol and gambling. Here are a few of the more subtle things used, speeding up to beat the yellow traffic light, weaving in and out of traffic, rooting for your favorite sports team or country, talking about others, cheating on a spouse, surfing the net and on and on, all these are used to alter one’s mind state to stay out of the present moment. When this reaching stops its because the thing used doesn’t get you high any more and either something else will be used that does or one will learn it’s ok to be with yourself because it’s who you will be with for the rest of your life and there’s no reason to get high anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment