Monday, August 8, 2016

Present Moment Obstacles

The more a person can remain and live in the present moment, the less obstacles there are that don’t allow life to be lived to the fullest. So to me, the key to any life is to be present or forever want your peace.

Whatever takes you from the present moment is the biggest obstacle you will face in having a peaceful and full life. This obstacle comes in many many forms and this is part of why they’re so difficult to identify. For me it was my inner feelings of inadequacy that led me down the road of never being able to be present for what was actually happening. This led me to a need to constantly search for something to quiet this inner void.

The obstacles will differ for everyone and will manifest as fear, envy, jealousy, anger, greed, lust, inadequacy, and whatnot, but what they all have in common is they take you from the present moment. With all the available obstacles in place, it makes it hard to pinpoint exactly why one can’t remain in the present moment. To me exposing these obstacles is the direction of my practice; to identify how they take me from the present moment. Although the present moment isn’t a magical place, it is the place where life actually happens and I’ve found that at least in this place I’m not living through a story of what’s happening, I’m actually present for life as it is.

The obstacles are plentiful and through a practice that develops discipline and concentration they can be revealed and seen for the blocks that they are. It will take a very disciplined and concentrated mind for these obstacles to be identified, but as they are, their control will lose its grip which will allow one to be in the present moment more and more. And simply put, the more one is in the present moment, the less obstacles there are that don’t allow a person to truly live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment