Friday, August 5, 2016

Knowing What's Right

Just because someone else may not think what you do is right, it doesn’t mean it isn’t so. Through self investigation what is right will be revealed, but only if the mind is settled enough to see.

What many people don’t seem to grasp is in the space of silence is where one encounters the true essence of life, this doesn’t mean feeling and emotions are ignored, it’s actually just the opposite, the space of silence is the only place where one can truly be with their feelings and emotions, but not in the way that most of us have been conditioned to believe. Most people are brought up to believe you have to feel or be emotional when certain things occur, but I ask you if it causes you to suffer, is it truly necessary? I am speaking strictly from my perspective and what I’ve learned is anything that causes me to suffer is not necessary. So for me when feelings or emotions begin to arise, I notice them for what they are and allow to them to keep going by not attaching to them.

I know many disagree with this and that is each individuals right, but anything that causes suffering I’ve learned not to attached to it. I don’t push feelings or emotions away, I just don’t attach to them or anything else for that matter that’s going to take me from my place of peace. I’m not to concerned what anyone else thinks of this because I have found my peace is my responsibility, regardless of what anyone else thinks. For to many years I wasn’t at peace because I listened to what everyone else thought was right, but today through the discipline of sitting, I’ve discovered a place within where true answers of non attachment have been revealed. This has allowed me to be at peace more often than not, and just because someone else may not think this is right, doesn’t mean it isn’t so.

No comments:

Post a Comment