Friday, November 18, 2022

Impact of Words

Words have a lot of impact on the way you perceive yourself. The words that are chosen can reinforce the lies of the Conditioned Mind if there isn’t awareness of them…

The energy in one’s life would be so much different if the word have was substituted with the word want. Think about it, how we speak has much more influence on our life than most people are aware of. Just try this little exercise and see how different a sentence is when want is substituted for have. I have to get up for work, or I want to get up for work. I have to go food shopping or I want to go food shopping. One more, I have to shovel the snow once it stops or I want to shovel the snow once it stops. The same action is being done, but its meaning is so different when want is substituted for have. The burden of having to do something is lifted when one wants to do something.

My speech is something I’m pretty cognizant of and it’s one of the reason I often say “When you start a sentence with “I“ stop because not much good is going to come out of it. This is one of the reasons I don’t attend 12 Step meetings any longer because at many of them you have to introduce yourself by stating I am this or that. To me this energy of stating I am a __________ keeps people in the energy of the problem, not in the energy of the solution.

Words have a lot of impact on the way one perceives themselves and they will unconsciously reinforce the lies of the Conditioned Mind if there isn’t awareness of what words are used. Energy always is and where it’s directed is what your life becomes. Here’s one more example, I want to help others. This is a lot different than saying I have to help others, although helping others is always a good thing. When you want to help others as opposed to having to do it, it truly comes from a heart of love. Using the most beneficial words takes practice, developing awareness of the controlling energy of your life also takes practice. So watch what is said and how it is said and maybe instead of having to do things, you just may want to do them. Not because your I wants to, but because it’s the loving direction of the energy in place…

No comments:

Post a Comment