Wednesday, December 9, 2020

No Need to Reach

Not many people will change something unless there’s a reason for it, but without some sort of understanding of the Conditioned Mind, it will be difficult to do the things that allow change to take place…

There has to be an understanding of what you’re trying to change so you can at least go in that direction. Without some sort of understanding of this, it will be difficult to do the things that will allow change to take place, if that is what you’re looking for. Not many people will change something in their life unless there’s a reason for it. For me it was because the tools I had in place weren’t allowing me to do the things that were beneficial to me or anyone else so I reached a point in my life and not a favorable one, where I wasn’t doing things that were producing results conducive to love. Tools are developed over a course of one’s life and they may have worked for your entire life, but if for some reason life becomes more and more of a struggle and you want the struggle to cease, new tools will be needed.

Even though I didn’t realize this growing up, the tools I developed were leading me to my own destruction; a person has to see this to stop it from occurring. The tool of reaching for something is what was causing this destruction and it was because the tool of noticing the mind agitations was never developed. This is the only reason a person reaches for anything, the mind becomes agitated and the tool to reach is attached to. To change this, a new direction is needed so a new tool can be developed and I’ve found the tool of sitting to be helpful in the endeavor. Today I understand the Conditioned Mind enough that I do things that allows for the mind agitations to be noticed. By noticing I can use a developed tool that doesn’t attach to them and lo and behold with no need to reach, there in lies one’s peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment