Saturday, October 31, 2020

New Tools

You can’t change how you respond to what happens in life by using the old tools you have in place. If you truly want to change your responses a new set of tools will have to be developed…

What is used to respond to life occurrences is what creates your facade. When it’s learned to stop reaching for your old tools and you are still, that’s what truly defines you. Here is a very practical explanation of the process of how life changed for me and the tools used for it to be possible. I had an upbringing where my parents gave me all the opportunities a person could have asked for. One of the things I really got in touch with thirteen years ago which was the beginning of my awakening, is when I was in grammar school my conditioning was really being influenced and taking shape. The intellectual kids and the athletic kids were always made out to be special so where did that leave the ordinary kids like myself? I wasn’t a bad, but my conditioning manifested in behavior issues, like being the class clown or doing things for attention that others wouldn’t do; that was basically the extent of it. This conditioning used tools to control the way I responded to life occurrences. Unless I learned how to use different tools my responses would always be the same. Inwardly things were never going to change unless the tools I used changed. I became aware of this thirteen years ago.

I understood the need to learn how to use a different set of tools because the ones that were in place didn’t benefit me; they were faulty. My own mind was causing my problems and I started finding a way to change my old tools for new ones; ones that were more beneficial. The most important tool is the disciplining of an undisciplined mind. Without developing awareness to notice new tools are needed, you’ll stay a self righteous individual who is always right because the outer view always makes others wrong. Without the mind settling, change can’t occur because there won’t be the space needed to allow it. Develop enough awareness through disciplining an undisciplined mind that allows you to see that a new set of tools will be much more beneficial for you to live your life. The benefits of this are you won’t be dependent on reaching outside yourself for your sense of completeness even though intellect or athleticism may not be your forte…

No comments:

Post a Comment