Friday, January 14, 2022

"I"dol Bondage

There are many different versions of God that are used and regardless of what your version is it keeps you in bondage. Although it may appear that God creates the bondage, the bondage is from making God an “I”dol…

There are many traps that keep you in the bondage of your own mind and none of these traps are used as much as the word God. A “False Gods” is no different if it’s an idol as stated in the Bible or simply attaching to some image. To me this “False God” description is right on. Here’s where this gets tricky because anything that is made into a story and is attached to is a “False God” because it becomes a prison to the one who is attached to the story; God is made into an idol by most people and becomes a prison although most don’t see this. Just look at the different religions and how all the followers of a particular one think their God is the right one. Many of these religions have beautiful teachings, but how they’re attached to actually takes away from them. This isn’t to say there isn’t value in them, but there’s never value in attaching to something because it enforces an I am right and you are wrong narrative.

I found this “False God” attachment happening to me yesterday, someone didn’t agree with my article so right away I felt I had to defend it, after all I wrote it so it has to be right, lol. I always have to look at myself so I can identify what form my “False God” is taking on. I’m not saying there is or isn’t a God, this is just to show how attachment to anything becomes bondage and blocks the heart from remaining open to allow everything its freedom. “False Gods” take over when they get control of “I“. I am right is an idol as is anything reached for. The world presents many “False Gods” disguised as idols and until these “False Gods” are identified, the idol of “I” will remain and so will your bondage…

No comments:

Post a Comment