Friday, February 26, 2021

"I" Temptation

Temptation arises because “I” wants to satisfy some pleasure it’s making you believe is needed, and it will win out every time until there’s awareness and discipline to stay out of harms way…

If you don’t play with fire you can’t get burned, this is so true when it comes to being tempted. If you can stay out of harms way you will remain safe. It’s so important to not put yourself in harms way when it comes to temptation; it’s done because of the way most minds are conditioned as there’s a lack of awareness and discipline to stand up against temptation for a long period of time. I see this in myself although very slowly my conditioning is losing its grip. So much of our associations are in line with temptations that one should sit with this to see how much control it really has over you. Why this is so is mainly because of the temporary pleasure that’s gotten from giving in to the temptation. Food, alcohol, drugs, sex (alone or with someone) gambling and so on, many things are used to satisfy the sense pleasure and if there isn’t awareness of this, it will be difficult not to get pulled around by the temptation.

For myself temptation was in control my entire life because of never having the awareness or discipline to stay out of harms way. Of course satisfying “I” is at the root of this and whenever a temptation wins out initially it feels good, but it only last until the mind that told you to give in to the temptation poses the question why did you do that. It has taken a few years to finally stop giving in to temptation and it’s only because there’s the awareness of “I” wanting pleasure. Grab that cookie and see how long the satisfaction last; by the way sugar is as addictive as cocaine, maybe more so. The point of this isn’t to say the pleasures of life can’t be enjoyed, but to just watch who is attaching to them and why. See if you’re putting yourself in harms way which reinforces “I” to remain in control. If there’s awareness of this you just may be able to stay out of the harms way and lessen the control “I” has over you so you can truly live life happy, joyous, and free. Free from what, the alluring temptation control of “I”…

No comments:

Post a Comment