Sunday, September 13, 2020

Unconscious Problems

The unconscious mind loves to create problems and until this is seen it will continue to do so even though everything in life is impermanent, especially the problems that are created… Problems are created by an unconscious mind that doesn’t accept what’s occurring in the present moment. It wants the present moment different and it actually makes you believe if it was different all would be well; this is the fallacy of an unconscious mind. All is as it is right now, but because of one’s conditioning it’s not seen so the mind has to make a problem so it has something to do. I’ve always had a tendency to make everything that occurs like it’s the end of the world, and although I don’t attach to this as I once did, many times the unconscious end of the world view is my first reaction. The other day I was washing clothes and when they were finished I put them in the dryer. When they were almost finished drying I opened the dryer to pull out a shirt, there were blue spots on it and also on some of the other clothes. I pulled them all out and found a ink pen in the dryer. There was also blue ink all over the dryer. The first response was my usual end of the world reaction of the clothes are ruined. I took a step back and took a deep breath. I grabbed a shirt and cleaned a spot, the ink came out. I then cleaned the inside of dryer. I rewashed all the clothes; all the spots came out. An hour and a half later I folded all the clothes and it was like nothing happened. This happens with most things in life, and although I don’t concern myself too much with reactions, the attachment to what occurs is what’s watched. The clothes event can be substituted with anything. The unconscious mind loves to create problems and until this is seen it will continue to do so even though everything in life is impermanent, especially the problems that are created…

No comments:

Post a Comment