Sunday, December 29, 2019

Seduction of the Flesh

The important thing to understand about the seduction of the flesh is the less you are attached to “I” the less you will be seduced because without “I” there’s no one to seduce…


The seduction of the flesh is so enticing because it actually feels good and this is why the draw is so powerful. There’s only issue with this because of the impermanent nature of the flesh. It simply will not last, it has no staying power so something else will be needed almost immediately following the attainment of whatever is used. Think about it, with all the material possessions that have been attained throughout your life regardless of what it was, it does not bring the contentment now that it brought at that time, and most times even if the same exact seduction is physically repeated, it’s usually not as enjoyable as the first experience. I used so many things as I was seduced by the flesh seeking conditioning, but it was never lasting, the seduction of the next needed thing always arose.
This went on all the time, satisfying the flesh with one thing after another and never being satisfied.


I’ve come to understand this seduction of the flesh as the main reason people begin using and become addicted to alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, money, tobacco products and an array of other things. If satisfying the flesh wasn’t sought, nothing would be reached for so there would never be an addiction or an issue, but unfortunately the seduction of the flesh has its way with people. It’s deeply ingrained in the subconscious and has been in place since our existence began. I know this seduction is what was controlling me for forty nine years and it was directly associated with “I”. Without “I” no one is there to be seduced. Even with this understanding pleasing the flesh doesn’t just disappear, but it does subside somewhat. To me the most important thing to understand about this is, the less one is attached to “I” the less one will be seduced and it’s because without “I” there’s no one who needs to satisfy the flesh…


No comments:

Post a Comment