Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Useful Tools

Are the tools you have in place truly useful to allow you to love yourself unconditionally and thus love all beings? The key word here is all, not just those you approve of…

For many years I did things that I considered useful, but after forty nine years of doing this I found myself at such a low point that wasn’t sure if I was going to rise up. There was no I think I can chants, no positive thinking, no meditation, no loving myself. There was much confusion and despair, and the insanity of this is my own mind that developed these tools and deemed them useful. Now I know not many get to this place of total despair so it’s difficult to understood how low I was, but I will say this, I’m fortunate beyond words and I will tell you why. When I was twenty eight years old I was hanging in a bar in Newark NJ with a group of guys. All of us were using alcohol and drugs as useful tools. Most of those individuals are dead. What’s tragic about this is the tools that each of them accepted as useful to live life were the cause of their death. Think about how insane this is and how often this is repeated today; insanity to say the least.

When I look back at what I thought were useful tools to live by, I see nothing but this insanity. I alone although not intentional, caused all my own suffering. Now you may not think this applies to you, but every self destructive thought one ever has comes from within yourself. It may have been put there by some outer influence, but it was attached to by you and you saw it as useful to give it the energy to manifest. I’m not a big negative/positive person, my experience has been more in line with quietness as a most useful tool, but it wasn’t always this way. To me the question to ask yourself if you can muster the courage to do so is, are you willing to truly face yourself to see if the tools you have in place are useful to allow you to love yourself unconditionally and thus love all beings? If not you need new tools…

No comments:

Post a Comment