Thursday, August 20, 2020

Repeated Reactions

Because of the Conditioned Mind the same non-beneficial behavior is repeated over and over as the same triggers are reacted to out of the habit of what’s familiar; this is done without even realizing it…


There are many reason why it’s so difficult to stop sheep walking, but to me the one that sticks out the most is how the Conditioned Mind holds onto what’s familiar even as it causes extreme suffering. When I was twenty five my oldest brother passed away from an addiction related incident, this forced me to look at my own alcohol and drug use. His death opened my eyes somewhat, but even though my life was a mess it didn’t mean I was willing go into the  unfamiliar without my conditioned pacifiers to cope with life; this was with full knowledge that alcohol and drugs were killing me. Even though I was venturing into unfamiliar territory after two years I finally had enough, I figured anything was better than the way I was living.


The reason it took two years to stop sheep walking was because although I was suffering extreme emotional pain, my conditioning led me to believe facing the unknown was much more scarier so the familiar was the way to go; the lies of the Conditioned Mind run deep. This is why the same non beneficial is repeated over and over and it’s also why we constantly react to the same triggers; we react out of habit without even realizing it. The conditioning in place dictates what to do and it’s obeyed without question. Here’s the real irony in this, people actually believe they have free will and they have a choice, but the reality is the only thing you can do is obey what’s familiar because that’s the conditioning in place. Once there’s awareness of this, succumbing to the familiar can be stopped and the choice to live life happy, joyous, and free becomes a possibility along with the free will to possibly not give in to the sheep walking Conditioned Mind…


No comments:

Post a Comment