Friday, September 6, 2019

Always Human

To understand the spiritual your humanness must be embraced because it’s in being human that you will understand the spirit. Embrace your feet of clay for they are the connection to your soul/heart…


For me the difficult part of grasping what it meant to live a spiritual life was I thought it was something that was mystical out there somewhere, but I have since found out to be spiritual I must first be in touch with being human. I’m a son, brother, uncle, husband, father, a worker amongst workers, a friend. I work for a living and am responsible to my employer. I own a home and I enjoy watching sports, playing golf, working out, and writing. In short what I am saying, to be spiritual I have to embrace all facets of being human including its imperfections; “To err is human”.


So many people think they’re going to find a way to transcend being human, but it’s not possible because your human form is base of your existence. You can’t be something that you’re not; being human isn’t to be ignored. To embrace it, it must be understood, to understand it, it must be embraced. The Buddha traveled around the countryside trying different types of meditation for six years learning the cause of why humans suffer. When all was said and done he said, “Before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water.” Wherever you go there you are so embrace whatever is here right now. Don’t push anything away, don’t pull anything in, simply embrace being human because therein lies your peace…


No comments:

Post a Comment