Thursday, December 1, 2016

No Real Choice

Many believe they have choices, but the reality is, there is no choice because one can only do what their conditioned view dictates and good, bad, or indifferent it’s only done because it’s what’s in place.

There really aren’t choices in life, it may seem as though there are, but the conditioning that’s in place dictates what one’s actions will be. From murder to loving kindness and all the other actions in between, the conditioning controls the actions. It’s as if one is a puppet on a string with the Conditioned Mind being the master puppeteer. For forty nine years I was controlled by my Conditioned Mind without awareness there was another way to view life. Today with awareness of this, my view is different and although it seems I have choices, the shift that occurred in me resulted in a different view, so my actions are now different; it’s not a choice, a different view allows me to see things differently so I naturally act differently.

I will use alcohol as an example. For years alcohol was one of the conditioned tools I used as a coping mechanism to deal with life, there was no choice here. It’s not this way today, not because I choose not to use it, it’s not a choice because it’s no longer the conditioned view that’s in place. If it was in place, I would use it; this isn’t a choice, I will do whatever I’m conditioned to do. One can only do what they’re conditioned to do and the only way this will be different is if one’s view becomes different. This is the view of accepting life as it is and not wanting anything to be different, a choice implies wanting it different. Many believe they have choices, but this belief creates an inner conflict. The reality is, there is no choice because one can only do what the conditioned view dictates and good, bad, or indifferent it’s only done because it’s what’s in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment