Friday, September 23, 2022

Discontent in Place

Although it seems what occurs in life is the cause of one’s arising discontent, this is not the case. The discontent that arises is already in place, if it wasn’t there’s no way it would arise…

You can only react to life with what you have in place. Something like anger arises because its been learned, this also goes for fear, greed, hate, and so on. I constantly reacted like this for many many years without any understanding whatsoever and it kept me locked into my discontent without any inkling that the only reason it was occurring was because it was in place. Simply put, when something occurred that I didn’t like my discontent arose without any knowledge as to why I reacted in the way that I did. What arose was whatever my conditioning deemed appropriate. The only reason this happened is because it was already there laying in wait: like a shark waiting to devour its unsuspecting prey.

Understanding this is where there is power in knowledge. If why your discontent isn’t understood, there will be very little true periods where the discontent is not in control. Awareness of what’s arising gives you something tangible to use to get beyond what arises. Why most people remain as they are and repeat the same reactions over and over is because of the lack of awareness of why it happens. To me this knowledge has immense value because when it’s seen one can truly decipher whether what’s in place is beneficial or not. At this point a course of action can be developed to change whatever’s in place that’s causing your discontent to rear its ugly head…

No comments:

Post a Comment