Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Unconscious Tragedy

When you awaken from the sleep of unconsciousness things are seen that aren’t understood by many people and it’s unfortunate because the unconsciousness that’s so prevalent in our society is destroying that society.

Sunday morning at about 2:00am a young man twenty two years old made a decision to drive his car while under the influence of alcohol. Although to a degree this was an unconscious decision, it cost another person their life as the person driving under the influence swerved and crashed head on into a car with six people; the driver of the car that was struck was sober; he was the designated driver. All six people plus two people from the other car were taken to the hospital. I am saddened by this as I read the designated driver died, he was twenty years old and a sophomore in college. The reason I am saddened by this is not because of the loss of life, I didn’t know the person, it’s because the DUI driver was how I was thirty years ago, unconscious; lives (many) have been changed forever by this one persons decision to drink alcohol and drive. What saddens me more than anything is real answers have been revealed to me that could change this, but it mostly falls on deaf ears.

I don’t really care what people think of the brashness of how I write, because when you awaken from the sleep of unconsciousness things are seen that aren’t understood by too many people; the unconsciousness that’s so prevalent in our society is destroying that society. Mostly what I write about falls on deaf ears and although I will never stop writing, the impact of what has been revealed to me is minuscule compared to the unconsciousness that runs most lives. The blame of the accident on Sunday falls on the government for selling alcohol for the taxes, the entertainment industry, advertising, society as a whole, and on and on, and it’s because it all keeps unconsciousness in place; just like when someone responds to my articles without investigating the content. It’s truly unfortunate that humanity has such a long long way to go in becoming awareness aware of awareness and that’s why my heart is saddened because although some were lost and are now found, most remain lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment