Monday, May 7, 2018

Finding Your Anchor

Look down at your feet, regardless of where they’re planted this is your anchor. If it isn’t it’s because the need to reach for something else is blocking you from being anchored in the present moment…

When all of a sudden you’r not at peace, it’s because something has taken you from it. Remembering to look down at my feet reminds me if I’m not at peace it’s because I’m no longer anchored in the moment. For years I was constantly searching for this anchor and expect for brief moments it eluded me for most of my life. This was because my anchor was always contingent on something that was outside of myself and whatever its form, it was always an anchor based in what I thought I needed to provide myself comfort. There’s no need to list what these anchors were because there are so many, they’re all the things one reaches for. These anchors come in many forms and unless one truly takes a step back to see this the reaching will always be there, but finding your true anchor will never happen.

The lies of the Conditioned Mind will dictate what you will use as an anchor and until this conditioning is identified, one’s anchor will continue to be sought and never be found. The only way this will change is by going inward to discover why there’s a need to reach for something, once this is revealed, therein lies your anchor. Your anchor isn’t from the thought realm though, it comes from the stillness within that tells you it doesn’t matter where you are or what’s happening, all you have to do is look down at your feet. If you need any other anchor it’s because the need to reach is still in place and it’s blocking you from finding the anchor to the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment