Saturday, January 27, 2018

I Emotions

Emotions arise when there's attachment to I not to something that occurs, and as long as I is in control, the roller coaster of emotions will continue to take you for a ride...

No emotion arises by itself, there has to be the reaction of I to something that occurs. There are many different emotions that do arise, but at the core root of them all is I and this has to be realized to best get a handle on them when they do arise. Emotions arise when there's an attachment to I, not to something that occurs. Nothing inherently makes an emotion arise, there has to be a personal attachment to something. Emotions only arise as I assigns meaning to something. There isn't much emotion when you hear of a stranger dying, but attach the word Mother, Father, sister, brother, and so on to it and just watch the emotional onslaught and this is because I is who attaches. 

Emotions simply do not exist until one attaches I to what occurs, this is what gives the emotion energy. Example: anger is only a word until one attaches "I don’t like what was done" to it, then look out because depending on how deeply I is attached determines the level of anger. Same thing with happiness, something happens and now I attaches pleasure (like) to it and therein lies the emotion of happiness. Here are just some emotions that can arise, fear, anger, sadness, joy, disgust, trust, happiness, to name a few, watch for yourself when these arise and see where their root is from. With awareness of this you should be able to get a better grip on just how the Conditioned Mind keeps you under its control by weighing you down to the deeply embedded attachment of I as an anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment