Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Compassed Direction

A compass is a tool that points in a direction, but it doesn’t tell you what’s up ahead. It will guide you to go in the right direction, which is all one truly needs instead of relying on someone else’s map.

I know many tend to look to a map, a path, or some kind of method as a way to quieting their inner discontentment and finding peace, but to me there is no map, path, or method, to get you to a place of peace because these are someone else’s. The only true tool to be used can be described as a compass, it points you in a direction, but it doesn’t tell you much else. It doesn’t tell you the terrain, or where the detours are that may be encountered, it just points you in a direction. There are so many variables that can’t be accounted for with someone else’s way, this is why following someone else is really useless. This is also why programs don’t really work, you may think they work because some behaviors have changed, but you’re kidding yourself. You are really doing yourself an injustice if you follow someone’s way because you’re not being true to yourself. How can you be if you’re using someone else’s map to discover what’s in you?

The compass is the only tool necessary in your journey because it will get you going in the right direction, but it will not tell you much else. Nine years ago I read many books in a two year period and I came to the conclusion that although they said things their own way, they all pointed in the same direction, inward. My awakening was in the form of a direction, so when my journey began, all I knew was where I was heading, the rest has been an adventure. I have no destination, nor is one needed, but I always have my compass so when the terrain gets rough or there’s a unsuspecting detour, it may seem as though I’m off course, but I’m not. Matter of fact I’m never off course because it’s my journey so how can I be off course when it’s my course I’m on. Also I have my compass and that allows me to always go in a direction that’s true to myself. After all it is my journey so why would I want to use someone else’s map!

No comments:

Post a Comment